Arrangements for Year 11
Information for Year 11 parents.
With GCSE’s one week away it is a very busy time! Please find below information with regard to Year 11 exam period:
Friday 10th – Celebration afternoon.
- Students will be in lessons periods 1-4
- Celebration assembly during period 5
- Students have been instructed to bring in an EXTRA shirt to sign – they will be allowed to get their shirt signed during break and lunchtime - not in lessons.
Arrangements leading up to Half Term
GCSE Exams start on 13th May.
During this 2 weeks leading up to Half Term students will be in school as normal in Form Time and then either:
- Normal lessons
- Structured pre exam revision sessions
Exams are at 9am or 1.30pm, please see students exam timetables for details of when exams are. There are 8 exams which finish at 3.15pm, on these days school contacted busses will be held until the exam has finished.
Arrangements after Half Term
Students will only be required to come in for exams and organised revision sessions.
For 9am exams:
- Students can use the bus to travel to school.
- Students line up during form time and do not go to form.
- Oliver Road Gates will be opened after exam for students who do not have an afternoon exam to leave site.
For 1.30pm exams:
- There may be a structured pre exam revision session from 11.20am up until an early lunch at 12.30/45pm.
At times other than the beginning and end of the school day students will only be allowed to enter and leave site via Oliver Road where the gate will be opened at 11am (for the end of exams and arrival at revision sessions) and at 1pm for afternoon exams or students who do not attend the revision session (not compulsory however strongly recommended). Students will be not be able to come on and off site through reception and will not be allowed to come on and off site at times other than these.