Shenfield’s Post-16 Cricket Academy has been running for over 10 years now and has established a reputation for cricket excellence that is well known across the country. The Cricketer Magazine has recognised Shenfield’s cricket provision as a 'Top 100 School' in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020, 2021 & 2022. One of only 2 non-selective state schools in the Top 100 list in 2021.
Shenfield's Cricket Academy programme started in 2012 and with the support of internationally recognised Level 3 coaches Catherine Dalton and Ben Notley-Griffiths, we have become established as one of the leading schools for cricket in the country.
What do we offer?
- A full time Cricket Program for 16-18 year olds alongside a wide range of A level and/or BTEC courses
- Available to both boys and girls
- Approx. 15 U18/17 fixtures a year – depending on progress in County and National Cup competitions
- Good links with Essex CCC to further develop Gifted and Talented cricketers
- Specialist weekly coaching sessions – including support from Catherine Dalton (Ireland and Essex CCC), Level 3 coach
- Ben Notley-Griffiths (Level 3 coach for Essex Academy and Loughton CC)
- Bi-annual overseas tour (Cape Town 2015 and 2017; Barbados 2019)
- Academy Kit – Full tracksuit, T20 Kit (Nike)
- Option for Coaching qualifications – Level One Activators course/Coach support worker
- National Cup Cricket entries – U’17 and U’18s as well as National U18 Girls T20. SHS were National Cup semi-finalists in 2017 & ¼ finalists in 2022
- Annual tour to Eastbourne and Brighton University (One of the best teacher training school in the country)
- Official partnership with Hutton CC and links to other top Essex league clubs
- Support with applications to MCCU cricket programmes
- Strength and conditioning and technical skills training, 3 hours each week
- Annual MCC Fixture
How does it work?
- Timetabled training every Wednesday from 12:20 – 15:00
- 15:00 - 16:00 – Specific group coaching sessions
- Alongside the Academy you can study 3 A Levels, a BTEC with 2 A Levels or a BTEC Extended Diploma (3 A Level equivalent)
- Off-season program (September to March) - focus on technique, fitness and game understanding
- Pre-season (March to April) – focus on net based sessions, game based scenarios and outdoor fielding sessions.
- After applying for a place at Shenfield High School's 6th Form and Cricket Academy, students will be given a date for a trial and short interview. This will take place in March.
Matt Salisbury (Essex, Durham CCC)
Mady Villiers (Essex, Surrey Stars and ENGLAND)
Joseph Parry (Kent CCC Academy)
Harry Philips (Essex CCC Academy)
For details on applying and any other questions email: email@example.com
Come and see us to find out more about the Cricket Academy and the academic pathways/options students can study alongside our elite cricket programme.
* Photo Gallery *