Philosophy and Aims
Shenfield High School aspires to be a school in which Computing and Technology are used effectively, efficiently and appropriately, stimulating and furthering the education and inclusion of its students, staff and community.
Computer Science is a practical subject where learners can apply the academic principles learned in the classroom to real world systems.
The aims of this qualification are to enable learners to develop:
- an understanding of and ability to apply the fundamental principles and concepts of computer science including; abstraction, decomposition, logic, algorithms and data representation
- the ability to analyse problems in computational terms through practical experience of solving such problems including writing programs to do so
- the capacity for thinking creatively, innovatively, analytically, logically and critically
- the capacity to see relationships between different aspects of computer science
- mathematical skills
- the ability to articulate the individual (moral), social (ethical), legal and cultural opportunities and risks of digital technology.
GCSE Syllabus: OCR
GCE Syllabus: OCR